Do you do physical activity or play sports? I want to hear from you all, regardless if you are active or not. If you are active I would like to hear about your experience with physical activity, sports and technologies. If you are not active, I would be interested to know why! Please fill in this online survey https://isurvey.soton.ac.uk/33270. I would like to know as well what you think about my online survey in order to improve this study for the visually impairment community. If you have any questions, contact Geane Fontinele directly on G.De-Almeida-Fontinele-Zadra@soton.ac.uk
We’ve produced a list of frequently asked questions for when your child goes back to school, including what to do if your child is struggling with school work, struggling to get into school in the mornings, where to go for help with transport or making an EHCP application. Take a look at our factsheet here:
We hope you find it useful and if you have any comments or need any help, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Southampton City Council is funding the Rose Road Association to provide free disability awareness training sessions for Southampton activity providers or facility providers. Sessions will be co-produced and delivered by parents of young people with disabilities.
Each two hour session focuses either on General Awareness, Learning Disability or Autism.
Each course is for 15 people and is perfect for mainstream or specialist activity/facility providers who want to better support users with disabilities and understand a parent/carer’s perspective.
If you are a parent who uses a provider who you think might be interested please do pass this information on.
Enquiries and bookings to firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently, there are vacancies on the following courses:
- Monday 23 September, 10-12 – (Autism) venue Majesty Church Hall, Andromeda Road, Southampton, SO16 8BB
- Thursday 26 September, 1-3 – (Learning Disability) venue Rosewood Free School conference room, 300 Aldermoor Road, Southampton, SO16 5NA
- Tuesday 1 October, 4-6 – (General Awareness) venue TSB Above Bar, Southampton
- Saturday 5 October, 10-12 – (General Awareness) venue The Bradbury Centre, 300 Aldermoor Road, Southampton, SO16 5NA
- Wednesday 9 October, 11-1 – (General Awareness) venue Majesty Church Hall, Andromeda Road, Southampton, SO16 8BB
- Friday 11 October, 10-12 – (Autism) venue TSB Above Bar, Southampton
- Tuesday 5 November, 3-5 – (Autism) venue Rosewood Free School conference room, 300 Aldermoor Road, Southampton, SO16 5NA
- Monday 11 November, 1-3 – (Learning Disability) venue Majesty Church Hall, Andromeda Road, Southampton, SO16 8BB
- Saturday 16 November, 2-4 – (Learning Disability) venue The Bradbury Centre, 300 Aldermoor Road, Southampton, SO16 5NA
Do you know someone (aged 16-25) who might benefit from this drama and social skills’ experience? Below are some details:
* The student will receive guidance and support throughout their visit and during performances of ‘Toad on the Road’ at Tunbridge Wells. [Please note that there is no pressure to perform as a cast member can take over the role at any moment].
* The student will be rehearsed into a role and have a chance to practice the song with the actors.
* The student’s school or college will receive a report that, if appropriate, may be included in a work portfolio.
If you have any questions. please contact Anni Rhodes-Steere, Head2Head Theatre, on 01372 278021 or mobile 07519 747290.